At Alternative Family Medicine & Chiropractic, we believe that chiropractic care is a necessity for a complete wellness program for optimal health.
Therefore, we have created a pricing structure and condition-specific treatment plans (along with other options) that allow you to get the chiropractic care you need, no matter what your budget.
If you have questions about our payment options or to schedule an appointment, you can call our Longmont or Denver chiropractic offices directly at 303-652-0900.
PAYMENT, INSURANCE, AND REFUNDS
Payment for service is not conditional on response to care. There is no guarantee of insurance coverage. We are out-of-network providers, meaning, we do not bill any insurance company directly. Patients are responsible for payment at time of service and for submitting for insurance reimbursements directly, at the rate set forth in their coverage plan. We will be happy to provide a Superbill for ease of submission when appropriate. Prorated fees for unused, prepaid services will be refunded if you wish to cancel; however, no refunds are available for any product purchases (for more information please see the Packages section of this document). We accept the following forms of payment:
- Cash, Personal Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover & American Express
- Financing through: CareCredit & LendingUSA
- Health Savings Account Cards (HSA) & Flexible Spending Account Card (FSA)
- Chiropractic care for musculoskeletal injuries and conditions may be purchased at a discounted rate. Payment must be made in full, in advance. If either party discontinues care a refund for the amount equal to the unused portion of the package will be refunded.
- Condition-specific treatment plans are intended to be all-inclusive. Their price will include all office visits, manual therapies, nutritional counseling, diagnostic testing and analysis, recommended therapeutic grade nutritional supplements, and tax where applicable.
We offer access to financing through Care Credit and LendingUSA
- LendingUSA is a personal loan service that offers 0% interest financing during a promotional period, then varying interest rates depending on loan amount, credit score and loan duration, thereafter. Once financing has been secured all obligations and responsibility for repayment is the sole responsibility of the patient. In the event treatment is terminated for cause by either party a refund for the amount equal to the unused portion of the package will be refunded.
- CareCredit is a credit card that offers 0% interest financing during a promotional period, then varying interest rates depending on credit limit, credit score and repayment duration, thereafter. Once financing has been secured all obligations and responsibility for repayment is the sole responsibility of the patient.
- Each visit your CareCredit card will be run for an equal payment (up to the maximum amount of your plan total, or for your visit’s unique total, if not participating in a Treatment Plan).
- If monthly minimum payments are not met, care will be temporarily suspended.
AUTO ACCIDENTS & PERSONAL INJURY CASES
Due to the nature of these types of cases we will work with insurance companies and attorneys to ensure a smooth billing process. Depending upon the specifics of a patient’s circumstances, payment may be due at the time of their appointment. When appropriate we will provide a lien letter and schedule fee for all applicable parties to sign prior to the beginning of treatment.
We understand that life gets hectic, wallets get forgotten, supplements need to be shipped to vacation destinations and many circumstances in between! As a matter of practice we do not extend credit terms, however, we are able to electronically invoice when extenuating situations necessitate it, for patients in good standing, at the sole discretion of Alternative Family Medicine & Chiropractic. Any invoice will be Due Upon Receipt, and are payable online. If not paid immediately, we will give a courtesy period of seven days, then we must seek to collect payment.
INITIAL APPOINTMENTS, CANCELLATIONS & RESCHEDULING
All Initial Appointments will be reserved using a credit card of your choosing. You do not have to use that card as your form of payment for your appointment, however. Any Initial Appointment not cancelled 24-hours prior will result in being charged the full appointment fee. Similarly, any return appointments not cancelled 24-hours prior will be assessed a fee equal to the appointment fee. Day-of rescheduling can result in a fee of $35. These fees may be invoiced electronically or added to your next appointment at the sole discretion of Alternative Family Medicine & Chiropractic.
LATE FEES & COLLECTIONS PROCESS
In the rare circumstance a patient finds themselves in arrears due to charge-back, unpaid invoice(s) for selves or family, cancellation/rescheduling fee, bounced check fee, or late fees, their balance due will begin accruing late fees of 3%, per month until paid. We will make up to three attempts by mail and/or email to seek payment. We will then have no choice but to turn the matter over to a professional debt management company.